B-2 Visa

The B-2 visa welcomes tourists and visitors to the U.S. for leisure, tourism, or medical treatment. Whether you’re planning a vacation, visiting family and friends, or seeking medical care, our skilled lawyers are here to assist you with your change of status application and answer any questions about maintaining your visa status.

What is a B-2 Visa?

The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that enables foreign nationals to travel to the United States temporarily for recreational and tourism purposes, medical treatment, or to visit family and friends.

Who Qualifies for the B-2 Visa?

To qualify for the B-2 visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:

a. Purpose of Visit

The applicant must demonstrate that the purpose of the visit is strictly for tourism, pleasure, or visiting friends and family.

b. Temporary Stay

The applicant must prove the intent to stay temporarily in the U.S., with evidence of strong ties to their home country.

c. Financial Sufficiency

The applicant must have sufficient funds to cover expenses during their stay in the U.S.

Need further assistance?
Kindly provide us with your contact details, and our lawyers will get in touch with you shortly.

    How Does the Application Process Work?

    Step 1: Document Request

    Once you contact us with your request, we provide you with a list of required documents and application forms.

    Step 2: File Preparation and Submission

    After you submit all the necessary documents and application forms to us, our Change of Status team will prepare your file and send it to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

    Step 3: Change of Status Approval

    Upon submission, typically after a few weeks, you will receive a Receipt Notice from USCIS confirming that they have started processing it. Once you receive this notice, all you need to do is wait for the final decision on your application. Typically, it takes about 3 to 6 months to get the Change of Status Approval Notice.

    Please note that we assist with the Change of Status process when the applicant comes to the U.S. with a different type of visa and wants to change to the B-2 visa status. We do not provide services about B-2 visa application procedures from the consulate.

    What Are the Required Application Documents?

    To apply for a B-2 visa, you will need to gather the following essential documents:

    • A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your intended stay in the United States.
      A completed DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application form.
    • A recent passport-sized photograph adhering to the visa photo requirements.
    • A detailed itinerary of your travel plans, outlining the places you intend to visit and the duration of your stay.
    • Proof of sufficient funds to cover all expenses during your trip to the United States.
    • Documentation demonstrating strong ties to your home country, ensuring your intention to return upon the conclusion of your visit.
    • If visiting family or friends, an invitation letter from your U.S. host, stating their relationship with you and the purpose and duration of your visit.
    • If seeking medical treatment, a letter from a medical professional or a medical institution in the U.S., explaining the need for the treatment and its anticipated duration.
    Dorukhan was my partner's lawyer and helped them with their case in the US. He did an amazing job helping them through their process. He and his team were always easily reachable, very thorough, and helpful throughout the whole process. Eventually, he became my lawyer, too, when my partner and I got married, and I couldn't have asked for a better and easier experience. I will definitely return to Oguz Law in the future for any needs that I have. Thank you, Dorukhan and your team!
    Tessa B.
    I'm very satisfied with Oguz Law's service. Dorukhan is a very professional lawyer who helped me with everything I needed during my immigration process - which was a success! I'm grateful for all he has done, and I totally recommend Oguz Law!
    Camilla F.
    I recommend them to my friends. Mr. Oguz and his team did a good job before and during my immigration interview. If you are looking for a lawyer to represent you, don't hesitate to go forward with them.
    Farahim A.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    The duration of stay on a B-2 visa is typically determined by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry. Generally, it is granted for a period of up to six months.

    Yes, extensions for B-2 visas are possible in certain cases if you require more time for your recreational or medical activities in the U.S. However, it is vital to apply well in advance before your authorized stay expires.

    No, the B-2 visa does not permit studying or engaging in any form of employment in the United States. It is solely for leisure, tourism, or medical purposes.
    Change is imminent, solutions are our tradition.